Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Surprise!!!!


so I've been gone for a while AGAIN. But this time I have a really good reason!!
Last week, Devin was gone on a company trip to Arizona. It's their sort of annual get together to have fun and relax for a few days. This time they met at a nice resort in Scottsdale. So he left on tuesday of last week and was to return on friday. Kids were really looking forward to Dad coming home (so we can go to a restaurant as Dad promised before he left). We were getting ready to welcome daddy home by cleaning, vacuuming, scrubbing the floor etc. when I got a call from Devin.
His flight back from Arizona was to connect to another flight in Ontario and then in San Francisco before landing in Eureka. Well, you know how those flights are! Let me give full credit here to THE UNITED AIRLINES for really messing things up!! Especially those employees out in Ontario who REALLY WERE NOT HELPFUL at all!! :( First they told Devin that the flight to SF from Ontario (that's Ontario, California, not Canada) was delayed for an hour, so he'd miss the flight out of SF. When he called me I told him to just take the flight to SF and see if he could maybe catch the flight to Eureka. Afterall that could be delayed too, right? But the United employee told Devin that there is no way he would make that flight so just give it up. And since there were no other flight out of SF to Eureka that day, he got a seat on a flight the next day (saturday). But I told him that if he flew to SF on friday, we would come and pick him up in San Francisco. So he went to exchange the flight again. Now it had only been maybe 20 minutes, but when he went the United agent told him that his seat was already gone. To quote her "it's called supply and demand." Anyhow, I researched and found out that there was a flight to LAX from Ontario, then to San Fran from LA. So he got that ticket and safely made it to SF~! In the mean time we quickly packed for 3 kids, 2 dogs and a crazy mom :) and headed south to SF!!! It normally takes about 6 hours to get there because of the windy mountain roads. We didn't leave till about 5:30pm so by the time we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge, it was about 11pm. Boy how the city looked so busy!!! I can't believe I used to maneuver that traffic!!! And all those people still dining in fine restaurants at 11 pm!!! Eurekans would all be asleep by 11! Anywho, I got to the hotel Devin checked into and was finally able to reunite the family ;) But the trip had just begun....

1 comment:

Angela Robinson said...

Thanks for checking in...I was wondering where you'd been. Great picture!