Time sure flies!
A week ago, we visited one of Devin's facilities to see Santa!
Yes, he works with skilled nursing facilities.
No, Santa is not one of the residents.
Every year Santa comes to visit the residents for their tree decorating party! And the children are greatly encouraged to attend, so we went! Kepler was happy to see Santa so he could personally ask him for ... petrified wood?!
Yup. He asked Santa for a real petrified wood. Oooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Santa was not too sure about this request, but we'll see. Reagan was a bit bewildred by the jolly old man in the red suit. But he was really good with this strange man :) Reagan probably couldn't tell the difference between all the other old people in wheel chairs and Santa. So he was polite and friendly. 
On Satuday, we went to the annual truckers' parade. And we mean TRUCKS. 18 wheelers. Some with long red wood logs stacked up! And they are all beautifully decorated with many lights! Unfortunately it was pouring rain all day, so we staked out a good spot on the street where we can watch from our car. Luckily the rain let up just as the parade started! It was quite a sight!

Today, we are continuing in our holiday spirit and decorated ginger bread house!
Tesla's is actually a ginger bread train. They are so quietly decorating, I thought I'd take this opportunity to blog! I'll post the completed photo later. I guess I should go and check up on them to make sure they are not icing the table!
1 comment:
Great entry, Reina. I love that y'all decorated gingerbread houses (and trains).
The trucker parade sounds really cool. The picture kinda reminded me of the old Coca Cola Commercial ("Santa packs are coming, Santa packs are coming"...rememeber that one?)
We had a great Christmas here, too. Hope y'all are doing well.
Post a Comment