Friday, January 26, 2007

I can't believe I've been gone so long!!!

This really is becoming a monthly update!! I must get better at blogging!!!

So, Christmas came and went. We had a great time opening presents and just enjoying the family time :)

Some of the other Christmas-y events we enjoyed include Ferndale's annual tractor parade. Ferndale is a little victorian town nearby. It's the town seen in Jim Carrey's movie "The Majestic" (the movie was not great, but it really does show the town if you are curious!).


Another event was Tesla's first ballet recital. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take flash photo during the performance, so here's a picture I took before the show. She was one of the elves. We should be getting a DVD of the show in the near future....
On Christmas day, the kids really had a blast opening all the presents. Tesla is one of those people who would open ALL the presents first before really looking at each one carefully. Kepler on the other hand takes time looking at each present before going on to the next present so needless to say he took 10 times longer to open everything!!


As for the new year, we started the school back on the second, so Kepler didn't get much of a break. We finished our study of the ancient history and now we are into the middle ages, though we are still at the very beginning. Here's a picture of a Celtic ax we made in class. Of course it's only paper, but we had fun making it :) Speaking of school, we found a new (to us) math program that we really like. It is called Math-u-see. Many homeschoolers are familiar with it but we had been using more 'traditional' textbook (like in a classroom setting). But you know how boring some of those can get sometimes!!! So I decided to give this a try and Kepler absolutely loves it!!! Highly recommended for all kids! It uses blocks as a teaching aid and I didn't realize how much kids LOVE to play with blocks!! I'm planning on starting Tesla soon with the first grade level math very soon!

And speaking of Tesla, we're really doing school with her too these days. She is whizzing through her Kindergarten workbook so fast, we should be done before March! So we'll go right into the first grade stuff before too long! Why wait just because she's not 5?! She seems to be ready and eager to learn!

Reagan still LOVES trains and plays with them all the time. He does make different voices for different trains and makes up a story. It's quite amusing. I don't think he'll be reading yet, but he sure loves his abc's.

That's it for now~! Devin and I have been quite sick this past week. :P We're finally up and out of the bed, but Devin had to miss his conference in Santa Rosa today(to which we were going to go so we can visit Charles Schultz museum, but that'll have to wait for another day...Santa Rosa is where Charles Schultz lived and there are not only his museum, but many Snoopy stuff all over town from what I hear...).

I don't know about including photos all the time, but if you don't mind the photo-less blog, I'll try to update more often at least to let you all know that we're alive!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog. Hope that you are all well now. School sounds interesting and great. Have a great week. Love Aunt Denise P.S. I got my cheese.

speedy said...

Hi, Aunt Denise!! :)

Thanks for stopping by! How's the cheese?? School has been interesting to say the least. But as always there is no limit as to how creative I could get!! I'll try to update more often, so stop by and say 'hi'!

Angela Robinson said...

We've been missing you! Glad to have you back. And no, I dont mind photo-less blogs...just so long as we know the mountain lions didn't get you!