
So I haven't been here in a long time AGAIN! aaaaaaaaauuuuugggggHHH!
Time just goes somewhere without me sometimes :) But I have to remember that kids are only kids for such a short time and cherish these fun & crazy times :P Though as other mothers can empathize that sometimes you do want to just have some quiet time to yourself!
Well, well, lots has happened since the last entry. Of course we just had a three day weekend! Here in Eureka, the town was crowded with the visitors traveling to see our famous Kinetic Sculpture Race! Kinetic Sculpture...well, it's really more like bike on steroids went trick-or-treating in West Hollywood. People decorate these human-powered vehicles and they race from a town north of us to a town south of us. It's a three day event with the second day major event of 'water plunge' by the vehicles. Whichever vehicles that were able to stay afloat from one end of Eureka to another get to go on! I should include a photo here, but this year we skipped the race! SO you'd just have to search the web for their official website :) Next year, I'll go and see the race.
While tourists and locals alike were seeing the race, our family went golfing. Yup, you heard it right. Nope, I've never golfed before and Devin is not a serious golfer either. We just like to have fun. So we took the kids and went to the driving range.
Of course Tes and Kep had to get their OWN golf clubs. Hey, the grown-ups are just renting!! Oh well, they didn't have the right size to rent for the kiddos so we just bought them a few. They seemed to really enjoy so maybe we can incorporate this into our homeschooling and get some PE credits....
We also went to the nearby park this weekend. It had been nice and warm lately. On Monday, it actually reached 70 degrees at one point!!! Phew! I don't know how we survived that scorching weather!! So we had some icecream at the park. Kep is the one in the white shirt and Tes is standing next to him, being eclipsed by Reagan. Needless to say, the one eating sno-cone is Reagan.
But today we are back down to the high 50's. Brrrrr. And rainy too. Yes, IT IS Eureka after all!
So it's warm and wet. That means...BANANASLUGS!!!!! YES! We have a ton of them all over our house. It doesn't have to be wet really. Eureka is wet enough without the rain. So if it's not the middle of winter, they will come out. Here's a bonus picture of Mr. Bananaslug stuck to our wall on the outside of the house.Today I signed Kepler up for a Youth Soccer League in the town north of here. Eureka has a soccer league too, but their team play 7-on-7, whereas our neighboring league plays 3-on-3 at the younger age. Kep signed up for U8 (7, 8 year-olds) so he'll be playing in the fall. The league's name is Mad River. Isn't that cool?? There are 6 major rivers around here. Mad is one of them. It was name so because the explorers got mad at each other around the river, or something like that. Tesla wants to sign up for ballet lessons. Hmmm. Sounds like I'll be busier still come fall. AT least Reagan is not signing up for any class YET!
So that's a short summary of our life lately. Hopefully I'll come back more often to write more in details as to what we really do on a daily basis. Oh yeah, Kepler just went to his semi-annual eye exam and got a prescription for glasses. When they come in, I'll up the photo. IN the mean time, I'm hoping to come back again very soooooooooooooooooon!
4 comments:
Hi Speedy,
Thanks so much for your comments on my blog this morning. It's great to hear from another Harold Lloyd fan.
As I read your postings I see Cub Scout photos. My wife and I served our time as den parents but now that our six children are grown and gone, we feel we've paid our debt to society.
Although one of the kids took me to lunch today and we talked about the time I took the all down to the railroad tracks, stacked up beer cans, and let them throw all the rocks they wanted. My children remember that sort of thing better than a trip to Disney World. Funny, isn't it.
I see that your blog has come on Blogger recently. Keep it up! I started keeping a daily journal about 30 years ago and I've used the blog format for it about the past two years (samples of older journals are on my website).
Being a journaling fan, I encourage you to continue on the path you've chosen. It will prove to have all kinds of value to you in later years.
I'll check back in with you now and then. And again, I'm really pleased about your comment. Thanks.
Hi John!
Thanks for the comment! Our oldest is a Tiger cub right now and we are den leaders! You have six children! wow! We only have three and I'm pulling out my hair at times! Kids do remember interesting things. The simpler, fun time with the parents sure is more memorable and important to the kids than any expensive trip! I wish more people would see the importance of raising the children and spending quality time with them.
I'll try my best to keep up the blogging!
Thanks for the update, and especially the close-up of Mr. B. (Jason thought that was pretty stinkin' cool!)
glad somebody likes Mr.B! We have him and his family and friends everywhere! we also have skinks in our backyard :P we smell skunks sometimes too.
Post a Comment