
yes, it's official. even in Eureka it's SUMMER!!!! It was so beautiful today! It's so hot, we might have even hit 70! yes you read it right. 70. And we think it's hot. :) The picture is not our house :) It's Carson Mansion. One of the town's "point of interest." Built by a rich lumber guy. It now houses a private club.
So what have we been up to?? Last weekend was the advancement ceremony for the cub scouts! Kep successfully completed Tiger cub stage and now he's a wolf cub! We also went to Wild West Chili Cook-off in nearby Willow Creek. Have you ever seen a footage of Big Foot?
This was taken in the 70's I think, but you can catch it often on tv. Well, that was Willow Creek. Naturally there's a Big Foot museum and the chili cook-off was to benefit the museum. The museum also has local historical artifacts. Willow Creek is about 45 minutes inland from Eureka so it was nice and hot (in the 80's!!). And it was beautiful. Unfortunately, my camera ran out of battery, so no pictures... sorry. This week was the last week of school for Shelby Academy! **applause**
But we'll be starting summer session next week, so for now, no summer vacation :)
We just finished 2nd grade material and will be starting 3rd grade material in 2nd grade. yes, it's confusing, but the State of California is not so happy to let kids skip grades. So, Kep will officially start 2nd grade, but doing 3rd grade stuff.
Whatelse is new??
Tes is continuing her ballet lessons. We got her ballet shoes and the whole outfit. I'll get the photo next week! Kep started his golf lessons! Unfortunately, I couldn't go this week, because I accompanied Tes to her dentist's appointment. She did very well, but in the mean time, Dad took off from work to take Kep to his golf lesson. I heard he did well (as in listening to the instructor. we'll talk about his golf ability at a later date...).
Today we had a park day at a neighborhood park. It was organized by a local Christian Home Educators group. It's just a homeschooler's group. But the kids were awesome. We had gone to some other homeschooling group but we opted not to hang out with those kids. So we were a bit skeptical about this group, but it worked out so well! The parents were all very nice and the kids were super! They were happy, well-adjusted, just good kids! phew. I knew they were SOMEWHERE!!!
After hours at the park, the youngest is taking a nice loooong nap. I better take this opportunity to work on my cross-stitching. I'll up date you on its progress next week!
oh, and here's a photo of Kep in his new glasses :)
1 comment:
Good grief!! Could you gloat anymore about the perfect weather there? Its SMOLTERING here, and its only June, not to mention the humidity. I can't wait for August! (I know, poor, pittiful me, right?)
Kep looks so incredibly cool in his new glasses. I just might have to go get some for myself, so I can look like a "hip mom". You should see Gramps' new sassy, red glasses. Watch out world!
I can't wait to see some photos of Tes, the ballerina, so recharge those batteries and post again soon! We love y'all!
Angela
Post a Comment