Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I think it's finally summer!!


But how long will it last?? Well, I should enjoy while it lasts! It's been so warm this week, sometimes it might actually register 70 degrees (or maybe not...). In any case, it's soooooo nice, we had to go out!! So, we went for a little walk. This is the first time I actually didn't feel COLD by the water!! The sun actually felt very nice!

We also went down to a hotel meeting of ABEKA books. They make homeschooling materials and are affiliated with Pensacola Christian College in Florida. Definitely worth looking into for those homeschooling parents out there!! We used their whole curriculum for the first year and branched out slowly. Now we're using their math, reading, and health curriculum. The readers are full of great character building stories (very Christian too). They come out to hotels in different cities (if they come out to Eureka, they must go to your town too!!) and if you order at the hotel meeting, you get free shipping! Plus you get to actually look at the books and browse through textbooks and teacher books, so it's a great way to see what you are getting into!

Since we spent the day going to the dentist (poor Tessie!) and walking around town, we didn't do school yesterday. Today, Tes had her ballet lesson! As requested, I FINALLY got the photo taken of Tes in her ballet outfit. She's really enjoying the lessons!! We also went to the library today! I got Kep some easy books to read so he can meet the goal of reading 22 books before the end of August. Well, maybe they were too easy. Last week, I got him the Magic Treehouse book (great for 1st graders), which has about 70 pages. So we took that to the dentist while we were waiting for Tes. Well, he finished that in 45 minutes. what? hello?? you're done?? ooooookkkkkkkkkkk. So he was bored stiff for the rest of the time we were waiting (hey, I didn't think he'd start AND finish the book before she's done!). Then I got him another book of about the same length to take to ABEKA meeting. He started and finished that before I could process my text book order! So we went back to the library to get MORE books! He's also reading Tom Sawyer right now. He started that during Tes' ballet class, but by the end of the class (1 hour), he was almost done (he was on page 164 out of 200 or so). I guess he likes to read.

Here's a bonus photo of Reagan and Devin. We found some cute Chinese outfit online. As you can see, Reagan didn't want to stay still :)


Not much schooling done today either, but we did get a lot of books at the library AND they had a story time with arts & crafts! Tomorrow is Kep's golf. Maybe I'll get some pictures of him and his new club set.

1 comment:

Angela Robinson said...

Wow! I think that is the most beautiful ballerina I've ever seen! Thanks for giving the people (ie--me) what they (err...I) want :)

Loved the bonus pic of Uncle Devin with Reagan---the Chinese outfit is absolutely precious! (Great colors too!)

Sounds like you've got a speed reader on your hands! (Way to go, Kep! Cousin Angela is very impressed. Maybe you can tutor Norah when she gets a little older?)

Glad you're finally having to suffer through some summer "heat" there. Anytime you'd like to feel some extreme temperatures, you're welcome to come stay at our house...I recommend mid-August for the full effect. (Don't worry, you can get me back with full-force sarcasm when I start whining about how "cold" it is for the 3 weeks in December that it drops below 70)

Thanks for the update on life in Eureka. Its always great to see and hear how y'all are!

Angela