That's Eureka for you :) Today Kep had his golf lessons so we, Tes, Reagan, and me, just hang out at the club house waiting for Kep. Fortunately, Kep's friend has sisters and a brother waiting for him too, so Tes and Reagan got to play with them.
After Kep's class, though, Tes had to practice her swing. Yesterday was Tesla's ballet lesson (sorry, still no photo...). She is really loving it! Interestingly, Tesla's friend brought her cousin to the lesson yesterday and his name is Reagan too! He is 15 months old, so Reagan met another Reagan, a younger one at that, for the first time!
Whatelse have we been up to lately? Well, the first weekend of July, we went to the city of Ferndale to go hiking. While we were there we encountered a dog show! We got to meet several Irish Wolfhounds. They are taller than Tesla! But they are so gentle and mild mannered. The dog show went on all weekend, so we went back on sunday to see them again! It was a great fun and the kids just loved the dogs.
For the Fourth of July celebration, we went back to Ferndale. It's a small, Victorian town with lots of cows. They had a parade preceded by fire engine rides for the kids and followed by a barbecue at the town hall! The whole town probably showed up! It was so quaint and cute!

Of course we got to ride the fire engine. It's not the newest model they have, really! This one is actually from the 20s I believe. The parade consisted of mainly old cars. These are really not the only cars available in Ferndale. Jim Carrey's movie "The Majestic" was shot here, though parts of the town were created by CGI, I think. If you do see the movie, the diner is not where it is supposed to be. I'm sure it's digitally put in there, instead of builing a whole facade. But I digress as usual...

After that we bought some little fireworks and enjoyed our own little show. The kids loved to watch and they even got to hold some of the safer fireworks. Even Reagan got to hold some and he was really excited! (is that legal??)
At night we went to the bay to watch the fireworks. Because we get to see it so close and there aren't that many people (compare to say, SF), it's so beautiful. It starts pretty late, because we are so far north and it doensn't get dark early. So it started at 10PM. By the time it was over, the kids were sooooooo tired, they couldn't sleep! And Tes had her ballet lesson the next morning!!! After the firework show, Kep, Tes and Devin got to see the inside of USS something or another that is a WWII ship. It was docked where we were watching the fireworks, so they let us in for a quick tour.

As for our summer school, we are doing really well. I decided not to do too much. I just wanted to keep Kep's brain going. So we are studying biology 3 days a week, history, math and spelling everyday, and we are studying about different countries too. Right now we are studying the exodus in history and for a foreign country, we are studying Egypt. And of course, there is the golf lessons, ballet lessons and we go to the library and to the river once a week. that's enough to keep us busy! Tesla is beginning to read very simple books, so we're keeping her busy there too. Yesterday at the library, she actually got on the computer herself and looked up "Tesla books." She found one that was in the children's section, so I got it out for her and she checked it out. Apparently she knows that she is named after the scientist and she was interested in finding out more about him. Kep and Tes both signed up for the summer reading program at the library. They are to read 22 books to get a prize. For Tes, it's not so bad, since most of her books have a lot of pictures. But for Kepler who is reading much more advanced books, 22 books in 2 months will be pretty interesting. So for now, I'm trying to pick out books that are not too long and easy to finish. We'll see how it goes, but knowing Kep, I'm sure he'll somehow manage to finish 22 books before the end of August.
Well, I'll try to come back soon...
oh yeah, I found out that my friend's due on August 8. My cross stitching project may have to be for the baby's first birthday! But I'm working on it! I got a bit busy and couldn't get to it for awhile, so it doesn't look like I've made any progress!!! yikes! But I'll keep working and update ya'll on the progress next time!!!
2 comments:
Your bloggs are great! I finially found out how to get them. I have a handy cap, I don't know your e-mail address. Could you please send me an e-mail so I can write to you any time.
I received your letter thanks for all of the letters and artwork. Please keep the blogs coming I really do enjoy reading them. 'til later God bless you and have great days. Love Denise
Sounds like a perfect summer to me---cool temperatures, fun field trips, and lots of books!
Man, I miss participating the summer kids' reading club at the public library here in Bryan. It was one of the highlights of my childhood summers. I seriously think mom may have taken us to the library every day--and we loved it! Is there a "book mobile" in Eureka? I remember that being a fun experience too. (But I still think the ice cream man probably evoked a little more joy for most of the kids in the neighborhood.)
Hope everyone is doing well. Always good to "catch up" on your blog. I'm still waiting to see "Tutu Tess"!
Love y'all,
Angela
Post a Comment