Thursday, July 27, 2006

Blueberries, anyone?

Have you heard how HOT it is in California lately?? Since the end of last week, most places in California have experienced 100+ (some 110+) temperatures! Needless to say, we are experiencing unusually HOT weather here in Eureka too! OK, don't kill us. Our HOT temperature actually barely goes over 70 :) heh heh heh. But it's hot enough for us to actually wear tank tops and shorts!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Unfotunately, with the warm weather came mosquitoes... and I seem to be allergic to any sort of bug bites, so they swell up a lot and leave scars for months....

Changing to a more pleasant topic...we went blueberry picking on saturday.
There's an organic blueberry farm about 20 minutes from where we live (for those of you more familiar with the area, it's in Mckinleyville, just past the Eureka-Arcata airport). The kids had so much fun picking AND the berries tasted sooooo sweet!!! I didn't know blueberries can taste so good!!

We just got back from golf lesson today, so here are some golf pictures of the kids!
It's actually Kepler's lesson, but Tesla brings her bag too so she can practice putting. This time Reagan took his bag too. Kepler seems to enjoy the lessons, but then again, he enjoys everything... They are actually getting ready to go out on the golf course next week!! On the last day of the lessons (Aug 24), there will actually be a little tournament!! That should be very interesting....

2 comments:

Angela Robinson said...

Ok, this one takes the prize for the "most fun blog" so far. I want to come to California and pick blueberries!!

Loved all the pictures. Tesla's pink golf set is absolutely perfect for her. And I still think Kepler has the coolest glasses ever--they just look awesome on him! The picture of Reagan running amuck had me laughing...I'll bet he keeps you on your toes!

Hope y'all are doing as great as it looks in the pictures. Love one of your (many) Texas Cousins/Nieces,
Ange

Anonymous said...

That heat was just crazy! I experienced of 116F for my entire life! No thank you for over 110.

3 children are just cute! Specially Reagan run away with his golf club. I want to hug him just now! (>w<)
"Hey Regan, come here. more closer...!"

Your blog is good for my English study. I'll keep reading this blog! Thank you. :-)