Monday, September 25, 2006

it's been almost 2 months!!!



So sorry to have been gone for so long!!!!

For those of you who assumed that I went on a long vacation to the Mediterranean, I didn't ;P Sorry to disappoint ya'll, but we were actually in Eureka the entire time I've been away from the blog.

Was my computer dead, perhaps??? Nope.

So where was I??? I wish I could answer...but the time just flew!

So what have I done in the past two months???

Kepler's golf lesson ended and he actually went out on the course!!
Then Kepler joined a soccer team! He is currently playing in Mad River Youth Soccer league, which is a group north of Eureka, but we heard good reputation about the league, so we opted to go with them instead of Eureka league. He is really enjoying the game as well as time with other boys.

We also continued school till the first week of September, then took a week off for "summer vacation" so I can put everything away from last year and get ready for the new school year. Kepler is officially in second grade and Tesla is pre-K, but Kepler is doing third and fourth grade material and Tesla is doing Kindergarten work. Kepler is studying the Roman Empire now and he is really liking it! He seems to love history! He is also very excited about learning chemistry this year. For English he is beginning to diagram sentences :) Isn't that fun?! :P

Oh yes! Almost forgot to mention Tesla's birthday!! We had a birthday party for Tesla on 9/9, since 9/11 was a monday. We invited 2 homeschooling families that we enjoy spending time with and there was a total of 10 children in our modest home! But the kids were super and it sure didn't seem like there were that many people here! I should have photos from the event, but I was so busy chatting with the moms, I forgot to take pictures! Devin took a lot of pics, but I'm not sure what he did with the film.... If I see any pics, I'll post them!

September is also the beginning of cub scout year and this year we are NOT the den leaders. Since Devin's job is keeping him super busy with little sleep, much less any time for himself, we had decided that it would be best to pass the job on to someone who might have more time to devote to the scouting. We were fortunate to have found a nice parent to lead the den. Kepler is now a wolf cub and we are looking forward to more adventures this year.

Kepler and Tesla are both starting new AWANA year as well. AWANA is a church program that meets one night a week. At Tesla's level, the child is to memorize one verse a week, and at Kepler's level, the child would have to memorize at least 5 verses a week in order to complete the book and receive an award at the end of the year! So we've got a lot to work on!! It's not a serious thing to study the Bible, though. It's more for the fun in positive atmosphere.

Last but not least, I am planning on blogging much more often this year. I'm hoping to do so every day, at least to say 'hey.' Sooooooo, stay tuned for the next episode of "Days of My Children Turning."

2 comments:

Angela Robinson said...

Welcome back to the bloggy abyss! We've sure missed your updates.

Sounds like y'all have been up to a lot of fun...especially the sentence diagrams--I used to love doing those!

I look forward to reading your updates more often. Take care!

speedy said...

Hi, Angela!!

Thanks for coming back!! After a long hiatus, I'm back!

I don't know about Kep loving the sentence diagrams, but hopefully he'll remember them somewhat favorably....