I can't believe it's been that long!!!
Well, back in March, I took on a project that took more time than I'd expected.
Devin and I decided to put a book of his ancestry together for his parents' 50th wedding anniversary. Initially we had thought that a nice little binder of names and stories and maybe some pictures. HA! A BOOK?! Obviously we didn't know what we were talking about! After we began researching, the name list grew larger and larger. We had NO idea how many names there were in our famiy tree. So for the months of March, April, and May, most of my computer time was devoted to the genealogy. It was a great fun and a great excuse for not updating my blog ;-) but really!! I thought of updating but we were keeping the genealogy stuff a surprise, so I couldn't publicly announce on-line! During this time we also had Kep's birthday party and my old friend Carol (she's not old, our friendship is old) and her husband's visit to Eureka, just to mention a few big events. I was trying to finish the cross stitching for Carol BEFORE she came, but unfortunately, that didn't happen. But I AM done with it now! I'll take a picture as soon as I frame it and post it here!
Did you know that headstones are this BIG?! This one belongs to James Madison Shelby.
There's a little church called Shelby Chapel, which was named after Devin's great-great-great grand father (James Madison Shelby). It's in Athens.
There's a museum in Comanche where artifacts of town pioneers are kept. We are sure there are things that belonged to Devin's ancesters, but the museum only opens for 2 hours on Saturdays. If you want to go, call and check their hours first!
After we got back from Texas, Tes had just a few weeks to get ready for her first big ballet recital. After many rehearsals, it all came together last week!
<- This is the theater where the recital was. And this is Tes's class performing->
Oh, and before the recital was the end of year picnic for the homeschoolers!!
Christian Home Educators of Humboldt county holds an annual picnic to celebrate end of the school year. Though we continue to study during the summer, we joined the celebration! There was also used textbook sale where people can exchange, give away or sell their old stuff.
This year there were 11 graduates from HS too and we also did go to the HS graduation held at a nice ball room. It was a wonderful experience. Each student's parents got to write a few paragraphs about the child and each student got to perform something (mostly piano and classical guitar).
Well, I guess that was long enough for now....
I'll promise (this time really!) to update more often!!!!!
SOooooooooooooooo, see you again very soon!!
1 comment:
Welcome back! Thanks for all the pictures and the update. Tess' recital looked like a class-act! That background was pretty awesome! Wish we lived close enough that we could've come to watch. Maybe someday? :)
Post a Comment