Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!!

So it's Valentine's Day and most schools have some kind of Valentine's activity....

Well, we went to Christian Home Educators' Valentine Party! (which means no formal schooling today, not that any day is really a 'formal' schooling but you know what I mean) It was held at a church nearby. One of the homeschooling moms asked the pastor is she could use his church and he said "it's YOUR church, not mine. of course you can use the rooms!" so we did our best to give the rooms back the way we found them :) We were told to bring 40 valentines per family, so we made bookmarks with some scripture verses.... OK, I must admit, I did do most of the work, but the kids came with me to the store to buy the strings AND helped me cut some stuff out.

The kids decorated their own 'Valentine's bag' to put all the goodies. Every gift was so precious for there were barely anything that was not made by the kids themselves. And then there was this. M&M's were added by Tesla, but can you imagine what kind of time it must have taken to decorate 40 of these!!!!???!!?!? WOW!


We also brought finger foods to share! The kids had a great time eating and socializing! mostly socializing.



Then it was time for the group photo!!



You can only imagine how much effort went into keeping all the kids together and facing the same direction. This gathering was mainly for younger children, which made group photo op even more interesting. There are many older children in the group too. This Saturday is the annual Famous American day, when the children can dress up as any famous American and do a report or skit or whatever he/she wants. We've never been to one so we're looking forward to it. I also heard that there are 11 high school graduates this year! Graduation ceremony is some time in June and I've already signed up to bring some food! It is going to be so exciting!!!


Well, well that's it for now. I need to go check on the kids. They are awful quiet.......



1 comment:

Angela Robinson said...

I always loved Valentine's parties. That cookie is amazing! Mom and I decorated some for a church party last week, but ours weren't nearly as impressive.

The bookmarks turned out great, too! Fantastic idea. I love bookmarks--you can never have too many!