Monday, February 05, 2007

Winter is here!!!?

So it's february and it's as warm as our summer days today! of course that only means that we're up to about 60 today :) But it sure beats the 40s. OK, so that's not much of a difference, but the temperature variance here is not much through out the year.

Not much to report, but I thought I'd stop by and write just to let the world know that we're alive. UCLA is ranked 2nd in NCAA men's basketball this week, so all is well :) But A&M is playing Texas in about 30 minutes, so we'll see how well this week REALLY is....

We're all feeling a lot better now and pretty much back to our routine. Kepler stopped going to his cub scout for a while, but we found a good den, so we are seeking to transfer. His previous den and pack were a bit too sedated for boys. They really didn't do anything boy-ish. Needless to say it was too unexciting to keep Kepler's interest. The new den we found does more boy stuff (outdoors, running, hopping, jumping, fixing bikes, you know things boys like, instead of sitting in a classroom and coloring...) PLUS he dropped wolf cub and went onto the bears which is for the third graders, so that should be closer to his interest level.

We're also considering martial arts and/or gymnastics for Kep and possibly Tes too. But there is NO authentic (?) martial arts school in Eureka, so I'd have to go and see what each dojo is like, before deciding on what to do! Gymnastics would probably work great for Kepler and there is a good gym in town that has a class for boys his age.

Sorry, no pics today, but i'll try to have some nice ones in the near future.

Well, I better go and get food ready for THE game :)

1 comment:

Angela Robinson said...

Glad you're representing all the way in CA. We can't wait to see the outcome of the game, ourselves! Gig 'Em Ags!

I love gymnastics! Maybe someday I'll get the chance to see Kep and Tes at a meet!

Enjoy the nice weather, we are sure having some beautiful weather here!